Bakery & Pastry Chef
TUGA HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
S$4500 - S$8000
TUGA is a project of passion. It all started in Taipei, when a dream of proudly bringing the best from Portugal was made true. TUGA is a celebration of Portugal – through its food, wine, music and art. It’s a journey of discovery: when someone walks into TUGA, they embark on a full immersion of Portugal.
TUGA is an engaging space where guests can fall in love with Portugal and a place where they can come back to immerse themselves into Portuguese culture even if they don’t travel to Portugal.
The word “TUGA” is deeply related to the Portuguese soul. It’s actually an affable colloquialism meaning a Portuguese person who is so proud to be Portuguese.
As a Bakery & Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the Bakery & Pastry unit while working closely with the TUGA Head Chef. The Bakery & Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
The Bakery & Pastry Chef is responsible to create high quality breads and pastries with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also assist in production and maintenance of stocks of breads, pastries and desserts with proper rotation of products and maintain highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the bakery and pastry section.
Bakery & Pastry Chefs Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages all day-to-day operations of the bakery and pastry kitchen.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, breads etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
• Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
• Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for bakery and pastry kitchen.
• Create new and exciting desserts to engage the interest of customers.
• Ensure excellent quality throughout the products offered.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
• Coordinates activities of all workers engaged in food preparation.
• Supervise and coordinate all bakery, pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
• Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
• Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavours.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
• Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
• Ensuring culinary standards and responsibilities are met for Bakery and Pastry Team.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Bakery & Pastry with high volume food production.
Closing on 23 Oct 2021