Chief Information Officer (CIO), GovTech Managed Agencies
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Singapore is building the world’s first Smart Nation, with fuller use of technology to live, work and play, resulting in improved quality of life for individuals; business opportunities for enterprises and an anticipatory government that uses technology to better serve and anticipate citizens’ needs.
GovTech will continue enhance our national capabilities, ensuring that the key enablers are in place to enable citizens, businesses and government agencies to leverage technology to make lives better in a Smart Nation.
As a CIO managing a cluster of government agencies, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership in harnessing technologies to deliver value-added services. You will also be responsible for leading, driving and executing the overall digitalisation plan, in partnership with the Chief Digital Strategy Officers of the assigned managed agency.
You will strive to meet the business objectives and operational needs of the agencies and to ensure that they are recognised as innovative users of infocomm technologies. You will also provide advice and guidance on the strategic use of ICT and develop strong collaboration with partners and vendors for leverage in resolving critical or escalated issues.
What to Expect:
- Alignment of the agencies’ workplan to higher-level objectives. Review ICT initiatives and programmes, identify opportunities to harmonise IT applications, in order to achieve alignment with the over-arching ICT infrastructures and architecture.
- Strategic partnership with agencies’ senior management to understand their issues and help promote / influence directions.
- Monitor effectiveness of site performance and pre-empt problems.
- Facilitate synergies with other entities within GovTech and beyond. You will also cascade down higher-level vision, goals and initiatives.
- Manage the deployment of staff effectively and strategically to fulfil resource requirements.
- Coach/mentor staff, identify high potential talent and hone their capabilities, drive staff development opportunities, coordinate and integrate people efforts with the objective of attracting and retaining a motivated and high-performing team.
How to Succeed:
- Graduate degree in computer science or related discipline with relevant ICT experience
- 20 years’ experience with at least 10 years in management capacity
- Experience in the public sector or robust ICT experience in the private sector, preferably in the development, implementation and deployment of ICT plans and activities
- Knowledge of ICT operations in public and private sectors
- Strategic thinking skills with broad perspective of different issues
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Closing on 31 Dec 2021