Cloud Senior Engineer
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Cloud Senior Engineer
Singapore’s economy is digitalising, and cloud based infrastructure is rapidly becoming a preferred approach, even for the deployment of telecommunications infrastructure. As a member of the IMDA National Infocomm Infrastructure (NII) team, you will be applying your expertise in cloud technologies to support various engineering and developmental activities, with focus on use of virtualised infrastructure deployment models for 5G. Examples include operating/architecting/analysing/troubleshooting deployment cloud technology stacks, investigating and validating new capabilities in cloud technologies.
- Architect, plan, engineer and operate virtualised/cloud solutions to support the deployment of 5G infrastructure testbeds
- Investigate and advise on technology trends in in virtualisation and cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners to investigate technologies in virtualisation and cloud.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant certifications/diploma/degree in Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and expertise on service based architectures, cloud technology stacks (e.g. OpenStack).
- Knowledge and expertise in virtualisation and container technologies (e.g. KVM, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and expertise on service based architectures, software defined networking and virtualised communications infrastructure components
- Knowledge and expertise in Unix system administration an advantage
- Knowledge and expertise in edge computing (e.g. based on ETSI multi-access edge computing standards) an advantage
- Knowledge and expertise in software defined networking and network function virtualisation technologies an advantage (e.g. Openflow, VXLAN, OVSDB)
- Knowledge and expertise on cellular technologies, especially on the deployment of virtualised cellular infrastructure components, an advantage
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant field(s)
- Willingness to learn and understand new technologies
- Strong technical aptitude, including excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team in a fast-paced and complex work environment
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing on 23 Jun 2021