Compliance Manager, Financial Reporting Surveillance Department
ACCOUNTING AND CORPORATE REGULATORY AUTHORITY
Public / Civil Service
At ACRA, we make Singapore a trusted and the best place for business. Our people are proactive self-starters, empowered to create value, and grow our careers in an environment that engenders trust and respect. Join us to make a difference to Singapore!
We now have the following exciting career opportunity available. You may also visit our career page at https://www.acra.gov.sg/careers for other career opportunities.
As a member of the Financial Reporting Surveillance Department, your responsibilities include the following:
- Investigate potential non-compliance with accounting standards in the financial statements of mainly listed companies:
- Monitor news relating to or announcements of listed companies;
- Perform review of financial statements and together with more experienced officers, identify potential material non-compliance with the accounting standards and other laws;
- Enquire with company directors (in writing and meeting) on the accounting treatments of major transactions and balances;
- Evaluate directors' responses and form a view on whether there is a material non-compliance with accounting standards;
- Together with valuation experts, identify major valuation issues during review of financial statements and form a view on whether there is a material non-compliance with accounting standards;
- Prepare documents, present and facilitate discussion with accounting panel(s) and valuation panel; and
- Together with legal officers and other enforcement agencies, perform investigation and prepare cases for court proceedings.
- Develop policies and work with stakeholders to develop a progressive and forward-looking financial reporting ecosystem in Singapore:
- Assist with the development of medium to long-term roadmap to improve the quality of financial reporting in Singapore;
- Drive and/or provide inputs on the proposed changes to financial reporting requirements in Companies Act, Listing Rules and other regulations;
- Review and develop policies to achieve high compliance with accounting standards in Singapore; and
- Work with stakeholders and other regulatory bodies to advocate and achieve high compliance with accounting standards in Singapore.
- Embrace design thinking, data analytics and digital solutions to monitor compliance with accounting standards, identify potential non-compliance, analyse common non-compliances and streamline our work processes. Training and support will be provided.
- Have the passion and drive to be part of the team responsible for improving the quality of financial reporting in Singapore.
- Minimum 5 years of experience dealing with accounting or valuation. Investigation and/or forensic experience will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of accounting or valuation standards, and a strong interest to deepen it. Training and support will be provided.
- Reliable, independent and driven by challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Have an eye for detail, as well as a questioning and analytical mind.
- Strong written and communication skills.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021