Data Scientist (Quantitative Strategy)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Quantitative Strategy team that work on data projects for the public good.
As a Data Scientist, you will be identifying opportunities for data exploitation through in depth conversations with business stakeholders. You will scope out data science projects with clear deliverables that are actionable and impactful, and execute them in close iteration with the stakeholders.
You are a great communicator who can engage stakeholders on sharpening their business problems, obtaining feedback and sharing findings to influence actionable outcomes. You are dextrous in data manipulation, data modelling and data visualisation, and can identify the most appropriate tools and techniques for each business use case. You are a problem solver with a strong analytical skills, and can be relied upon to deliver sound data science solutions.
What to expect:
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders to understand their business challenges, sharpen the business use cases and translate them into data science projects
- Perform data cleaning, pre-processing, feature engineering, and build data science models to address the use case
- Depending on the use case, design of dashboards and interactive visualisations as tools for data exploration and storytelling may be expected
- Present findings, solicit feedback and prioritise refinements to the analysis in close iteration with stakeholders while managing overall project timeline
- Communicate the data insights in a clear and compelling narrative, supported with impactful visuals, to influence key decision makers
- Potentially deployed to another government agency for a sustained period of 2-3 years, to build up data science capabilities at the agency. This will involve formulating and implementing strategies to build strong pipeline of impactful projects at the agency and executing these projects
How to succeed:
Specific criteria to succeed (other than those listed above):
- Disciplines in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science, or related degrees. We will also factor in relevant certifications (e.g. Coursera)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in public sector or data science field
- Knowledgeable in data science techniques and concepts, with sound understanding of their potentials and limitations when applied to business use cases
- Training and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data science tools such as R, Python
- Visual analytics tools like Tableau, Qlik
Preferred (Additional requirements which are not necessary pre-requisites):
- Experience in model deployment
- Experience in project management
- Experience in developing capability in others
Closing on 20 Jan 2022