Deputy Director, Advisory, Internal Audit
Public / Civil Service
Reporting to the Director, IAI, you will facilitate the growth of Singapore Enterprises and build trust in Singapore products and services through ensuring the effectiveness of internal controls of the various programmes, activities and functions. You will also provide advisory services to the Board and management to improve business processes upstream, including supporting investigative work on fraudulent activities to mitigate fraud risks.
- Perform risk based audits and/or advisory functions to improve business processes and internal control mechanisms, with the aim of adding value to the operations
- Review overall internal control framework to ascertain the reliability and integrity of financial and operating policies
- Promote best practices to drive synergies across the different programs and stakeholders
- Lend support to the investigation and review of compliance issues especially with regards to allegations made
- Lead and guide assigned staff and provide leadership in implementation of audit methodology to improve on efficiency and effectiveness of work
- Develop and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Manage collaborations with other divisions for alignment of work while maintaining independence
- Tertiary qualifications in Audit, Finance, Accounting and at least 10 years of relevant auditing experience with exposure in the private and public sector.
- Good understanding of internal controls, corporate governance, regulatory compliance and knowledge of internal auditing techniques and standards
- Strong leadership and high emotional quotient
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Meticulous, analytical process-driven, self-starter and self-motivated
- Good business sense and acumen
- Good collaboration and teamwork
- Overseas work experience will be advantageous
- Candidates without the required qualifications but with relevant experience are welcome to apply
If you are shortlisted for the position, you may be required to take part in a preliminary online interview and written assessment. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for further interview.
Closing on 03 May 2021