Deputy Manager / Manager (Training Excellence)
CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Education and Training, Public / Civil Service
The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore's raison d'etre is to develop the air hub and aviation industry in Singapore, expanding Singapore's links to the rest of the world. We enable opportunities through aviation, making connections, opening doors and enabling choices in people's lives.
The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) was established in 1958 as the training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). It implements training programmes for local and international aviation professionals. The Academy strives to stay at the forefront of developments by forging alliances with reputable aviation organisations and institutions worldwide. There are 4 schools in SAA, namely, the School of Aviation Management, School of Aviation Safety & Security, School of Air Traffic Services, and School of Airport Emergency Services. SAA is undergoing a transformation of andragogy and learning spaces, and is looking for passionate individuals to join us in raising the quality and delivery of aviation training.
As part of the Training Excellence (TE) Section at SAA, you will:
- lead courseware development projects through the entire lifecycle: analysis and scoping, design, development, implementation and evaluation
- partner with and provide learning design guidance to subject matter experts and instructors
- infuse e-learning and technology solutions in training
- conduct learning needs analysis with relevant stakeholders
- convert existing content into new learning designs
- conduct research and benchmarking exercise on latest trends in blended learning design and development, and make recommendations to stakeholders
- identify best practices / assessment systems to evaluate teaching standards and quality of programmes
The successful candidate will be issued a 1-year contract, subject to renewal.
- At least 2 years of adult learning / courseware / curriculum development and instructional design experience, or
- At least 2 years of training experience in a training or educational setting
- Certification in education / instructional design / training/ courseware development would be advantageous
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, a good team player and able to multi-task
*Note: SAA is located at 1 Aviation Drive, Singapore 499867 (near Changi Village)
Closing on 26 Oct 2021