DevOps Engineer, Development Centre
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be hands-on building the tools and environment for GovTech's internal productivity, and also define the strategy around the platform.
What to Expect:
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments
- Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud)
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments.
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations
How to Succeed:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in Devops automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - AWS, Azure
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Strong understanding of virtualization and networking
Closing on 24 Dec 2021