Digital Business Analyst - Testing
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Our Business Analysts (BA) specialize in a crucial part of software development function, on top of the basic responsibilities expected of a BA. You will be posted to an agency to partner the users to conceptualise and deliver impactful systems. You are the domain specialist in the respective clusters, such as finance, healthcare, environment or even homeland security. In addition, you may bring working knowledge in these functional tracks - data analytics, software testing, Agile methodology, business process reengineering, knowledge management, customer relationship management, digital services or enterprise resource planning.
As a BA, you:
- Analyse partners’ needs, scope the problem, gather requirements and develop business case,
- Build narratives and user stories for iterations/sprints,
- Provide continual feedback to the development team, and progressively sign off completed stories with product owners; or
- Manage and review external contractors’ deliverables for quality outputs.
As a BA with testing specialisation, you:
- Establish quality assurance standards and testing framework for functional and non-functional test areas, right from the beginning of the development cycle,
- Are responsible for test strategy, traceability matrix, test suite, results analysis, reporting, and;
- Work closely with project team and external contractors to develop and review testing scope and timeline.
How is it like working here?
- In-depth learning – As a BA deployed in our partnered agency, you will learn their ins and outs, and pick up useful knowledge about the particular business domain. You will be involved in the different stages of a project development cycle, and will gain a greater appreciation of the entire process.
- Career development – You will be placed on a specialized career track carved out for BA, and depending on your entry point, you will progress to be an expert in your function at your own pace. If handling a project lifecycle is something you are keen in, a project management track is also available. In addition, you can be rotated to a different domain after 3 – 5 years to broaden your horizon and let you get a taste of what it is like in another agency.
- Tightly knitted team – Most of the IT teams in the agencies are formed up by GovTech officers. That means your peers and supervisors are fellow GovTechies, so it’s like having your family around you in a new environment. You are then able to leverage, collaborate and synergise efforts with each other.
What are we looking out for?
We look for individuals who:
- Have a tertiary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Infocomm Technology, Computer Engineering or related disciplines,
- Possess prior experience in automated testing tools, and are able to analyse test results, explain findings and implement corrective actions clearly and concisely,
- Have worked in a consulting or business analysis role in corporate, internet or mobile applications, ideally going through complete SDLCs,
- Ideally, have obtained testing certifications such as CSTP, CTFL, CTAL,
- Are great teammates with phenomenal interpersonal skills, and;
- Resonate with our mission to serve the public through the use of technology.
Overall, we are looking for outstanding individuals who are passionate about applying their knowledge and skills to implementing ICT solutions to impact the lives of Singaporeans and the community.
Closing on 24 Dec 2021