Digital Business Analyst
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Do you want to apply your skills, knowledge and energy to implementing ICT and digital solutions that will impact the lives of Singaporeans and the public? In GovTech, you can!
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will be working in a Government Agency as a key member of the GovTech project team, comprising the Project Manager, Solution Architect (where applicable) and the Technical Services Consultant, to deliver ICT capabilities to realise Singapore’s vision of a Smart Nation.
What to Expect:
Your will be responsible for eliciting business needs and analysing business problems in order to define and deploy digital solutions to address the needs of citizens, businesses and/or public officers. You will work with development teams (outsourced/co-sourced/insourced) for the delivery of defined digital solutions, and with Agency stakeholders in deploying the digital solutions.
In this role, you will work in a project team, in collaboration with Agency users, to:
- elicit, scope and manage the Agency’s business requirements
- apply appropriate human-centric tools and techniques, including plan, design and facilitate workshops, map service journeys, identify challenges and opportunities
- prioritise product backlog through rigorous information gathering and analysis with stakeholders, and contribute to the development of the Functional/ Design specifications
- develop the business case and Tender Specifications
- evaluate and recommend digital solutions that best address the needs
- undertake sprint planning, write user stories and define acceptance criteria with stakeholders
- review testing and data conversion documents to verify that specifications are met
- drive smooth deployment, adoption and operations of the solution
- analyse impact of requested changes (Operations & Maintenance phase)
- work with developers to understand and troubleshoot technical problems, as needed (Operations & Maintenance phase)
- undertake root cause analysis for problems in order to implement preventive and corrective measures to meet business and performance needs (Operations & Maintenance phase)
As a Digital Business Analyst, you are:
- pro-active, resourceful and self-motivated to innovate and take smart risks to achieve business goals and customer satisfaction
- able to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges
- able to facilitate discussions/workshops to elicit, manage and prioritise key business needs
- a team player with strong influencing and people handling skills
How to Succeed:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information/Infocomm Technology, Computer or Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant business analysis working experience for Consultant and 5 years of working experience for Senior Consultant role
- Participated in at least one full software or product development cycles, preferably using Agile Methodology with past development experience
- Proven experience in IT business analysis, application solutioning and design, and testing
- Basic knowledge of Cloud, Data Analytics, Service Design/Design Thinking, Agile
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders
Advantageous to have:
- ?Consulting experience
- Business Analysis certification (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®), Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)) or similar
- Knowledge of, or experience in implementing projects in at least one of the following areas (Data Analytics, Agile Methodologies, Internet and Mobile Technologies, Customer Relationship Management, Knowledge Management, Service Design, Business Process Reengineering (BPR))
Closing on 24 Dec 2021