Early Intervention Teacher
METTA WELFARE ASSOCIATION
Education and Training, Social Services
Permanent, Full Time
S$2200 - S$3400
Metta PreSchool @Punggol (MPSP) has been in operation for over 8 years since its official opening on 31 July 2010. The centre receives cases from SG Enable through referrals from hospitals. Enrolment will take place after the initial screening process is complete. Our centre provides Early Intervention Programme for Infants & Children (EIPIC), aged between 2.5 to 6 years old with special needs, ranging from Autism spectrum Disorder, Global Development Delay to Speech and Language Delay.
The children attend a 3-hour session programme twice a week. The multi-disciplinary team consists of teachers, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists. They come together to discuss and set specific and measurable 1-year goals for the Individualised Education Plan (IEP) of each child. The IEP focuses on 6 domains: fine motor, gross motor, adaptive, cognitive, social communication and social skills.
Supported by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), National Council of Social Service (NCSS) and Metta, we provide customised intervention programmes for these children in order to address their developmental lags, promote a satisfactory level of independence and realise their potential.
Early diagnoses of their disabilities coupled with appropriate intervention programmes can help them cope with the disabilities, prevent the conditions from deteriorating and maximise their development and capabilities.
As a Teacher, the candidate is responsible in the following areas:
1. To implement Preschool programmes and curriculum
2. To develop and prepare curriculum resources
3. To provide and maintain a safe, healthy and conducive learning environment for students
4. To maintain student records
5. To assess progress of learning and teaching programmes of the Preschool
6. To implement Individualised Education Plan (IEP)
7. To organise activities/outings for students
8. To assist in On-Job-Training (OJT) of new staff/interns
9. To comply with ISO requirements
10. To comply with NCSS/MSF requirements
11. To do any other duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent is preferable
- Relevant work experience in the Preschool setting is advantageous
- Able to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Hardworking, meticulous and responsible
- Interest in working with children with special needs
Closing on 27 Jan 2021