Finance Officer, Revenue & Corporate Services Division
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
The Finance Team is required to produce timely and accurate reports of i) Annual Corporate financial statements and management accounts in compliance with corporate policies and statutory requirements such as the IRAS Act and the Agency Agreement with MOF, ii) Annual Statement of Monies Collected on behalf of the Government in compliance with the Singapore Government Instruction Manuals and Financial Procedure Act and iii) Ad hoc statements and/or accounts.
The Finance officer is responsible to maintain financial records to support the preparation of one or more of the above mentioned accounts. The officer should have an understanding of digital, smart technologies and basic data analytics to provide input for decision making. Officer is also expected to value add to improve existing work processes and systems.
The role may also include assisting in developing suitable i) financial policies to meet new reporting requirements and ii) internal controls in all areas of Finance work to safeguard IRAS’ assets and minimise the opportunities for fraud and errors to go undetected.
The core responsibilities of the officer filling this post would be handle the following areas of work as part of day-to-day responsibilities.
Financial Accounting (Corporate Accounts)
- Verify and review invoices and the supporting documents for payment
- Process invoices and other payments in a timely manner.
- Post journal and ledger transactions
- Post entries for fixed asset transactions
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and bank statements
- Liaise with external stakeholders (vendors), respond to inquiries on invoices and resolve discrepancies and issues pertaining to invoices
- Assist with month end accounts closing activities
- Prepare audit schedules as part of the financial year end closing
- Self-serve, build/navigate dashboards and/or perform basic data exploration/analysis to support business decisions
Staff Experience - Enhancements & Continuous Improvements
- Be the voice of the stakeholders and provide regular feedback/ ideas to improve staff experience and ensure consistent value propositions across multiple contact channels.
- At least a Diploma in Accountancy/Business Administration
- Accounting or related work experience would be an advantage
- Displays critical thinking ability
Please submit your resume via Careers@Gov. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing on 15 Jun 2021