Foreign Service Officer (Functional and Corporate Services)
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Public / Civil Service
A career in the Foreign Service alternates between Singapore and in one of our 50 Missions around the world.
Always on the frontline of global developments, Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) respond swiftly to events happening around the world to safeguard and advance Singapore's interests. This includes analysing geopolitical developments, organising high-level visits and meetings, sharing Singapore's technical expertise with developing countries, as well as assisting overseas Singaporeans in distress.
Depending on your competencies and interests, you will be developed in one of the following tracks:
- Foreign Service Officer (Functional and Corporate)
- Foreign Service Officer (Political and Economic)
To be an FSO, you must have a good grasp of world affairs. You need to be able to persuade and assert, as well as build and sustain relationships. You must be versatile, and ready to adapt to and thrive in different environments.
As a Foreign Service Officer (Functional and Corporate), you formulate, review and implement policies that impact MFA's vital operations. You are rotated to manage core functions in the following:
- Consular: Provide assistance to overseas Singaporeans in distress
- Protocol: Facilitate State formalities and courtesies
- Human Resource: Attract and develop human capital
- Corporate Affairs: Oversee organisational and resource management
- Technical Cooperation: Share Singapore's technical expertise with developing countries
Overseas, you serve as Administrative Secretary. You manage a team to ensure the smooth functioning of the Mission. Your challenges range from consular duties, human resource management, finance, procurement, facility development and maintenance, to office administration.
- Singapore citizens with the commitment to serve in the Public Service and can adapt to the challenges of working overseas.
- Applicants with strong analytical skills and conceptual abilities, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong ability to engage people at all levels, and good planning and organisation skills.
You will be equipped with essential knowledge, skills and diplomatic tradecraft through structured programmes, courses and on-the-job training. As you progress within the Ministry, a series of varied and enriching assignments and milestone programmes will groom you for future leadership roles.
Find out more/Contact Us
Applications are open and applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of application. If you wish to find out more or hear from our officers, please visit our website at www.mfa.gov.sg/career. If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing on 31 Dec 2021