Geospatial Information System Architect
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are seeking an experienced Geospatial Specialist to join our Modelling and Simulation (M&S) cluster, which aims at spurring innovative geospatial systems and solutions for Whole-of-Government (WoG). M&S Cluster is currently leading Technology Transformation and Digitalisation effort using GIS in partnership with agencies technical team, IHLs and industry partners.
As a GIS Specialist/Senior GIS Specialist, you will collaborate with a team of talented GIS architects and consultants who are passionate about emerging technologies, and the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to drive WoG geospatial projects. This role includes managing the entire project lifecycle from strategic planning to technical activities, including undertaking the requisite transformational and change management efforts to ensure a successful implementation.
You will also manage the overall end to end solutioning and implementation process for 3D tree modelling and satellite image data processing, and deployment of system onto the Government Commercial Cloud (GCC).
What to expect:
- Provide Geospatial IT Consulting Services to government agencies, including:
- Solutioning - Develop deep understanding of Business Domain, perform business process analysis, conceptualise innovative solutions (involving multi-disciplinary components) to effectively address business needs
- Acquisition of System and Services - Develop functional specs, tender documents, Evaluate tender bids
- Architecture & Design – Perform geospatial architecture planning, Develop data models and database design, system architecture design and application design
- Applications Deployment – Perform quality assurance planning, configuration management, deployment planning, performance tuning and validation, user acceptance testing, and user training
- Work on 3D tree modelling project (create models using ESRI suite of products and/or open source product)
- Develop real-time geo-analytical models by integrating field apps, sensors and IoT devices etc.
- Gain expertise in emerging geospatial related technologies such as Indoor/Outdoor Positioning, AR, VR etc.
- Leverage existing central geospatial platforms and services to provide value added services and geo-enabled apps for government
- Perform rapid prototyping, developing geospatial models, scripts and workbenches. Ensure reusability of codes, workbenches, ETL processes and other project artefacts.
- Gain expertise in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence technologies such as PyTorch, TensorFlow for GIS process
- Assist in developing geospatial IT competency
- Assist in promoting use of geospatial IT within government, public and private sector
How to succeed:
- Disciplines in Geospatial Technology/Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of relevant GIS experience in solution design, IT consulting and/or project management.
- Passionate about Geospatial technologies and allied emerging technologies
- Possess strong analytical, communication, presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Able to work independently and be a good team player
Closing on 24 Dec 2021