Head of Government Affairs, Market Access and Partnership, SG & MY
MEDTRONIC INTERNATIONAL, LTD. (SINGAPORE BRANCH)
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Permanent, Full Time
S$13000 - S$20000
Careers that Change Lives
This position will be responsible for developing, coordinating and driving Company’s Government Affairs strategies within Singapore and Malaysia. In addition, this position will drive the development and execution of Market access programs across Business Units, including clinical pathway development, health economics and reimbursement. The prime focus will initially be on Market Access (~60% time allocation) with a secondary focus on Government Affairs (30%) and create future possible opportunities for Partnerships (10%)
A Day in the Life
- Develop, coordinate and drive government affairs strategies for Singapore and Malaysia, balancing appropriate priorities across the Business Groups and aligning with overall business strategy and the threats and opportunities in the external policy environment.
- Map key government and other stakeholder relationships for Singapore and Malaysia considering the strategy and priorities and drive a plan to build and sustain excellent relationships with those stakeholders.
- Build the government affairs function’s role as a full strategic partner to the Singapore and Malaysia Management team in integrating government affairs strategies into overall business strategy development and execution.
- Actively drive prioritized government affairs strategies to shape the external policy environment or identify the pathways for Singapore and Malaysia to successfully implement its business programs.
- Position Company as a thought leader and reliable and credible partner to government officials who shape the health policy environment, through understanding government policy priorities and shaping and advocating Company strategies in relation to government priorities. Mount, when necessary, vigorous strategies to preserve Company’s most fundamental business interests.
- Leverage Company global corporate and regional Asia-Pacific resources, support and best practices to support Singapore and Malaysia government affairs strategies, through proactive participation and engagement with APAC and Global government affairs teams and coordinating bodies.
- Lead and coordinate Singapore and Malaysia ’s overall engagement with industry associations. Ensure that Company maintains strong leadership in appropriate industry associations, and drives associations for effective policy advocacy on priorities of concern to Company.
Market Access (Focus on reimbursement/ health economics)
- Use specialist knowledge of Company therapies and health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) methodologies to optimize Health Technology Assessments (HTA), Reimbursement applications, Case-Base Groups funding mechanisms, and Hospital- or Payer-level business cases
- Work with private insurers to develop therapy-based reimbursement strategies.
- Lead or provide input to evidence development plans including input to clinical study design, including measurement of healthcare utilization and patient reported outcomes / quality of life, and analysis of real-world healthcare administrative datasets or registries
- Analyze and communicate clinical & economic evidence to target audiences including publication of research findings
- Be an internal expert on reimbursement of designated products and identify risks and opportunities for business planning processes
- Provide therapy specific and general reimbursement/HE education and training to key internal and external audiences
LEADERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
The individual will work closely with Country and Business Unit leadership and adjacent functions such as clinical research, marketing, pricing, training & education and medical programs. The scope of activity is broad and requires strong skills in people management, advocacy, prioritization and project management.
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
- Master in Public Health, or Degree in Economics, Health Economics or Bioscience (including Medicine, Pharmacy, Biostatistics) is preferred
- Previous experience in reimbursement and/or health economics is required in this position
- Specific Healthcare background (Pharmaceutical / Medical Device)
- Track record of successful reimbursement and funding achievements for medical technologies (pharma or devices)
- Knowledge of epidemiology, clinical study design and analysis of healthcare administrative databases including analysis, interpretation and reporting (optional)
- Expertise in methods of economic evaluation of medical technologies
- Deep knowledge of the reimbursement/funding policies in Singapore & Malaysia
- Willingness to travel internationally (~20%)
Results–oriented, high attention to detail, and strong communication and advocacy skills are critical requirements.
Closing on 07 Mar 2021