Industrial Statistician & Quality Engineer
HP SINGAPORE (PRIVATE) LIMITED
Permanent, Full Time
S$6400 - S$11500
The Microfluidics and Technology Operations is forming a new Quality Center of Excellence and we are looking for talent. As the Industrial Statistician & Quality Engineer for a complex manufacturing organization, you will be asked to provide statistical consulting, as well as train others to on routine statistical methods. Undertake complex data analysis, and effectively communicate the results to all parts of the company so that the users see the optimal solutions to implement.
What a Strategic Quality Program Manager does at HP:
- As a statistical consultant, design experiments and analyze data as needed. Teach others in the organization how to perform their own statistical manipulations, where this is routine.
- Automate routine analyses for others to run.
- Identify areas that need to use advanced process control methods.
- Reach timely completion of project deliverables, meeting performance and quality requirements for new material introduction. Manage the system tradeoffs and work in very close partnership with program managers, program integrators and lead engineers.
- Balance risk and cost to determine sample allocations to meet the customer and quality objectives of the organization. This will often include use of variance components and stratified sampling.
- Provide guidance and leadership to build and adopt appropriate advanced process control methods.
Individuals who do well in this role at HP, usually possess:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in in Statistics or a highly related area. Or Ph.D. in Engineering, with demonstrated use of statistical methods on projects.
- Experience in applied statistics. Prefer 5+ years of industrial experience.
- Experience with standard data analysis tools required. Prefer JMP and R experience. Background in Python and SQL, or the willingness to learn.
- Formal Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification a plus; must be able to obtain an HP or ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt within 1 year of hire.
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal relationship skills: leadership, motivation, teamwork, negotiation and communication.
- Driver of change, ability to convince with rigor and facts as well as be the role model to drive new behavior's at all organizational levels across multi-disciplinary and worldwide team. Highly motivated, results oriented.
- Good business, processes and technology understanding (and interest to learn) associated microfluidics, medical device, fabrication
- Experience with Lean and Agile processes.
Sustainable impact is HP’s commitment to create positive, lasting change for the planet, its people, and our communities. This serves as a guiding principle for delivering on our corporate vision – to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
HP is a Human Capital Partner – we commit to human capital development and adopting progressive workplace practices in Singapore.
Closing on 06 Feb 2022