Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Security Executive
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be world-class in delivering a safe and secure home for our people. In pursuing our mission to help make Singapore safe and secure, we remain always constant and true to our core values of Honour and Unity.
Want to serve a greater cause?
You will be supporting our organisation in one of the following areas to achieve its mission:
- ICT Security Consultancy
- Provide advice to secure organisation's ICT systems critical to national security;
- Perform risk assessment to determine appropriate controls to mitigate identified risks; and
- Work closely with project teams to ensure ICT systems are designed and implemented securely.
- ICT Security Operations and Penetration Testing
- Carry out vulnerability scans and penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities
- Monitor and analyse organisation's ICT systems for security threats; and
- Respond to ICT and data security incidents.
- ICT Security Audit
- Plan and conduct audits, and review to evaluate and assess the ICT security controls implemented by the audited entities
- Perform risk assessment and recommend appropriate controls to address identified weaknesses and lapses; and
- Apprise senior management on the ICT security posture of the audited entities.
- ICT Security Policy
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to formulate ICT security policies in order to support a strong security posture within our organisation
- Provide written analysis and recommendations on key issues through policy consultation, policy deviation process, and management updates; and
- Develop and conduct security awareness programme to raise officers' level of awareness, such as through in-house briefings and security advisory emails
You will have the opportunity to contribute not only to the security of our organisation but also the country at large.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Security, Computer Science, or Information Technology. A bachelor degree in Computer Security or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Candidates with no experience may apply. Relevant experience in the field of ICT security would be advantageous.
- Only Singaporeans need apply.
- Possess good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to cope with a reasonable level of stress and demonstrate resiliency, drive, level-headedness and professional integrity.
- Possession of ICT security-related professional certification, e.g. CISSP would be advantageous.
Please note that your cover letter should minimally include the following:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Preferred area(s) in order of decreasing preference level
- Why you are interested in this position and preferred area(s)
- Why you are suitable for this position and preferred area(s)
- Any skills/experiences/training that you think will help in your application for this position and preferred area(s)
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021