Interactive Digital Media Engineer
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are seeking an Interactive Digital Media Engineer to join our Modelling and Simulation Practice that provides interactive, immersive geospatial and simulation experiences/ solutions. As an Interactive Digital Media Engineer, you will be collaborating with a team of highly motivated peers with cross-disciplinary technology domains to craft innovative and transformational solutions for the built environment industry.
What to expect:
- Technology Research. You are expected to keep abreast with the emerging technological areas of the built environment. This include planned technology tracking of specified areas in BIM and related open standards, 3D and interoperability tools within the Digital Built Environment.
- Technology Investigation. You will perform rapid prototyping to provide agile resolution in their own technology spheres and investigate emerging solutions (open source and proprietary products) to provide objective assessment of the area of investigation.
- Projects/Trials. You will provide solutions development for the competency areas under their role. This include development of the solution based on open source or proprietary products. The expected skills involve familiarity with software development, emerging 3D modelling development and confluence of technical solutions such as BIM, GIS, CAD. Immersion tools through traditional delivery such as active client, web-based and newer capabilities through other sensory mechanisms.
How to succeed:
- Disciplines in computer science, information systems or engineering
- Working knowledge/experience with UML, database management, computer vision, applications and web-based development, and interactive media development.
- Experience with 3D geometry and concepts (e.g. coordinate systems, projections, geometry representations), 3D web-based delivery and related capabilities
- Additional requirements which are not necessary pre-requisites. Knowledgeable of BIM modelling and processes, and related tools and solution. Understanding of Geospatial technologies including use of GIS for analysis, mapping technologies
Closing on 24 Dec 2021