Investigation Officer (Consumer Product Safety, Weights & Measures - Operations & Outreach)
Public / Civil Service
Enterprise Singapore is one of the agencies entrusted to protect consumers, by administering consumer product safety regulations, as well as the Weights and Measures Act. These aim to ensure that consumer products supplied in Singapore are safe, and consumers experience fair and accurate transactions during purchases (i.e. receive the right amount of goods that they paid for).
As an Officer in the Consumer Protection, Weights & Measures Division of Enterprise Singapore, you will conceptualise and drive programmes that protect the interests and safety of consumers in Singapore.
Administer Enterprise Singapore’s Product Safety and Weight & Measures Regimes, which requires you to:
- Advise businesses and consumers on regulatory requirements, and managing public feedback/ enquiries with professionalism
- Conduct site and desk assessments to designate competent bodies to test and verify controlled consumer goods, or weighing & measuring instruments used for trade
- Audit designated bodies to ensure compliance to conditions/ requirements of their designation
- Participate in technical working group discussions, which require managing of relationships with local and international partners, including trade and consumer associations, regulatory bodies, and international organisations
- Conduct regular review of policies, processes and legislation
- Initiate, plan and implement public outreach programmes
- Develop knowledge and competencies to be product experts for the various kinds of controlled goods and weighing & measuring instruments
- Rebrand/reposition our regulatory regimes which includes producing a standalone website for CW to host more focused compliance and safety messages
- Degree in Engineering or Science fields is preferred
- At least 3 years of working experience, preferably with prior experience administering regulatory compliance/ audit programmes
- Knowledge in ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17065 requirements will be advantageous
- Experience in website design, or marketing/branding will be preferred
- Possess good interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Be resourceful and exercise initiative to work effectively
- Able to work independently and also being a collaborative team player
If you are shortlisted for the position, you may be required to take part in a preliminary online interview and written assessment. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for further interview.
Closing on 15 Jun 2021