IT Security & Compliance Engineer/Senior Engineer (1 year contract)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
- Support Cyber and Data Security program assessment, implementation and operations.
- Support security operations. Leverage on existing and emerging methods to detect security intrusions or violations.
- Support and maintain SOC centric engineering and technical solutions to address changing trend landscape and increasing demand for automation in cyber security monitoring and incident response.
- Perform Incident Response to detect and report incidents. This includes the analysis of incidents’ root causes, and implementation of mitigation and/or prevention processes and policies.
- Support the review of IT risk assessment and treatment techniques that can effectively identify, pre-empt and mitigate significant security loopholes and weaknesses for system and technology to support business initiatives through in-depth analysis to identify and manage cybersecurity risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Support IT related audit & compliance assessments and provide recommendations to remediate issues discovered through the assessments.
- Monitor and track cybersecurity risk mitigation.
- Over 5 years of experience in the Information Security field with hands-on experience in IT security project management.
- Hands-on experience in implementing, managing and support of Cyber and Data security tools such as WAF (Imperva Incapsula), SIEM (Splunk), CASB (Netskope), Security Testing Tools (Rapid7, Checkmarx), DLP, IAM, DAM, AIP, CASB, EDR etc.
- Understand the components and concepts of on-premises hosted and commercial cloud services.
- Experience in supporting IT security incidents, security testing and security operation.
- Experience in supporting IT audit, risk assessments and recommend relevant appropriate mitigation controls for issues discovered through the assessments with documentation.
- Experience in the development, review and maintenance of IT Cyber and Data Security related SOPs.
- A cohesive, great team player and communicator with positive and eager to learn attitude.
- Problem solving skills, with strong analytical and able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, candidate who demonstrate strong relevant experience and skill sets will be considered for the Senior position.
- Certifications in CISSP, CISM,CISA, CCSP or CEH would be advantageous.
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date
Closing on 30 Nov 2021