MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
Public / Civil Service, Others
- Work independently on various local and/or foreign languages and various information sources, e.g. Internet and other media sources.
- Translate, transcribe, scan and analyse information in both written and spoken languages.
- Identify information gaps and conduct checks to provide insights
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports to support mission critical operations.
- Work with different data sets and communicate data-driven findings to stakeholders
- May be required to respond to operational exigencies over weekends and/or Public Holidays.
What we offer
- Employees will be able to attend language training locally while promising employees may have overseas opportunities to deepen their understanding of foreign languages and culture.
- Certified proficiency in foreign language (such as Arabic, Hindi, Javanese, Malayalam, Myanmese, Punjabi, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, Urdu, Vietnamese etc.) may be eligible for additional allowances.
- Singapore citizen
- Proficiency in English and respective mother tongue language is preferred.
- Good grasp of spoken dialects/languages would be an added advantage
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic proficiency in data analysis (Microsoft Excel and Power BI) preferred.
- Past experience in translation, investigative or analytical work preferred.
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 15 Apr 2021