LC NURSING HOME - NURSING AIDE
LC NURSING HOME (PTE.) LIMITED
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$600 - S$1700
LC Nursing Home is a 93 bed facility in Siglap providing long-term residential care to elderly residents. The role of the Nursing Aide is to support and assist the Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses in the delivery of nursing care to residents and helps to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for them.
• Working as a member of the nursing under the supervision of a trained staff, he/she ensures the safety, comfort and well-being of the residents.
• Check, monitor and record residents’ vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure and inform RNs if there are any abnormalities detected.
• Ensure the comfort and good personal hygiene of the residents under her/his care, e.g. bed bath/shower bath, changing of clothes and bed sheets, keeping them clean and dry
• Assist in the transfer and re-positioning of bed bound residents 2 hourly.
• Ensure residents take their medicines when served by the RNs.
• Assist in serving meals and drinks; and feeding patients.
• Maintains accurate documentation of care given.
• Assist the staff nurse in nursing care, e.g. caring for patients with urinary catheter.
• Accompanies residents to the hospital/polyclinic for follow up appointments and outing trips.
• Alert nurses to emergency situations. When necessary, take first responder actions to mitigate the emergency.
• Assist with the orientation & mentoring of new NA and HCA.
• Attend in-services or continual education to update skills and knowledge.
• Maintain good hand hygiene and adhering to infection control practices eg standard precaution, droplet precaution and hand hygiene.
• Report any incidents or near misses to SN IC or NM promptly.
• Participate actively in Quality improvement & research projects.
• Diploma in Nursing/Bachelor of Science in Nursing from recognized institution
• Minimum 1-2 year experience in healthcare sector or experience taking care of residents with dementia or stroke
• Mature, proactive, meticulous and able to multi-task
• Has initiative and able to work with persons of diverse background and ethnicity.
• Able to comprehend spoken and written English.
• Able to comprehend mandarin, dialects is helpful.
• Familiar with MS office applications.
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted for the position within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 12 Mar 2021