Lead/Senior Lead, Product Designer
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the User Design team and the role
The User Design team plays an integral role in gathering insights into the needs, motivations and behaviours of our customers and partners to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with teams across the organisation to create compelling experiences that deliver value for our users.
We are looking to hire a Product Designer to craft the user experiences for SGN’s suite of digital products. As a product designer, your job is to envision how our users will experience our products and bring that vision to life. This includes engaging users to understand their needs, creating user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to illustrate user experiences, and partnering product managers and developers to build thoughtful, intuitive products that members in our network will love.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Engaging users to understand their needs, behaviours and pain points
• Translating findings into insights that inform decisions and conveying them clearly to stakeholders
• Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
• Testing early designs with users and iterating on their feedback
• Defining overall aesthetics and visual styles for the product
• Creating detailed user interface specifications
• Guiding developers in their implementation of your designs
• Identifying measures to indicate user experience success and proposing ways to track these measures
• Acting as a strong advocate for users in product improvements
• Contributing to and maintaining the design system for the team
• Mentoring and sharing expertise with fellow designers
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have:
• Relevant qualifications in Design / Industrial Design / Psychology / Communications / Human Computer Interaction or equivalent practical experience
• At least 3-5 years in relevant Product Designer or UI/UX Design roles in a product company, consultancy or similar industries
• A great visual design sense and an eye for detail – You should have a portfolio that showcases your prior work and be able to explain your design decisions
• Experience with user research processes and a good understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
• Proficiency in design tools e.g. Sketch, Figma, Miro etc. Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS and other web development technologies is a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams. Experience working in agile or lean UX environments is a plus
• Experience in building stakeholder relationships and navigating ambiguity
• Know-how to present your design work effectively and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders
• High sense of responsibility and ownership in problem-solving
• Experience with quantitative data is a plus
We assess applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 22 Oct 2021