Locum Staff Nurse/Senior Staff Nurse, Blood Services Group
HEALTH SCIENCES AUTHORITY
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical, Public / Civil Service
The Blood Services Group (BSG) secures the nation’s blood supply, ensuring that all Singaporeans have access to adequate and safe blood. BSG is currently hiring the following position: Locum Staff/Senior Staff Nurse
The role of a Locum Staff/Senior Staff Nurse is to assist in managing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the whole blood and apheresis collection programmes, and in implementing departmental policies, budget and purchasing functions within set guidelines and operating procedures to ensure efficient management of the blood programme, and the quality and safety of the national blood supply.
- Assist to oversee the professional aspect of activities and clerical support in blood collection programmes.
- Assess suitability of the donor's veins and perform donor phlebotomy.
- Detect and assess donor complications occurring during blood donation procedures, and provide adequate care in the management of complications.
- Provide high quality services and maintain customers' satisfaction.
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- Confident in handling donors and difficult situations effectively
- Highly-motivated individual and problem solving skills
- Possesses good knowledge of blood and blood components
- Team worker
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and blood donor nursing procedures will be an added advantage
- Familarity with apheresis technology and abilityto solve problems arising during the apheresis procedure will be an added advantage
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Closing on 07 Mar 2021