Manager / Senior Manager, Covid Audit and Inspection on 1-year contract
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the Audit and Inspection (“A&I”) team and the role
The Audit and Inspection team in EDB is responsible for the central planning, management and coordination of audit and inspection activities for Marine and Process industrial worksites. These worksites include but are not limited to shipyards, energy and chemical plants and facilities, process construction and manufacturing fabrication and staging sites.
You will work closely with the Central Covid-19 Operations team that is coordinating EDB’s response to COVID-19 related issues, as well as colleagues in EDB (e.g. Accounts Group, Human Capital Division) and officers from other government agencies. You will report to the Vice President overseeing the Audit and Inspection team.
You will be involved in one of the two work areas described below:
- Investigate, assess and enforce against contraventions under relevant regulations relating to Marine and Process and Covid-19
- Carry out data analysis to identify systematic lapses in worksites/facilities and share insights with EDB management
- Provide technical advice to aid decision making by EDB management
- Adapt enforcement matrix, data collection forms, inspection protocols for the worksites/facilities in the industry sectors that EDB oversees
- Lead and manage in-house and outsourced inspection teams, including putting in place processes for onboarding and training new members
- Review Safety Management Measures (SMM) of companies, make recommendation to refine SMMs
- Manage COVID-19 positive cases at the worksites with the necessary containment and recovery actions and contactless operations at the process terminals and shipyards
(2) Ops planning and coordination
- Lead operations planning, including development of matrix/framework for site prioritization, overall scheduling of site inspections and monitoring progress and deadlines of inspections
- Align reporting requirements with other government agencies; prepare and submit reports, leveraging WOG systems where ever possible
- Work closely with enforcement team and other teams in EDB taking care of COVID-19 related issues, and provide timely briefs/ updates to EDB management
- Be knowledgeable about how inter-agency taskforces operate and build up contacts and networks with key point of contacts in other agencies for different COVID-19 related issues
- Responsible for procuring services as required by the Audit and Inspection team
To meet the challenges of the role, you will have to:
- Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 related policies, regulations and Safe Management Measures that companies are required to comply with
- Be knowledgeable about the role of various teams in EDB taking care of COVID-19 related issues
- Be adaptable to react to different work requirements (often with short turnaround time) and able to communicate instructions/ changes to officers and/or counterparts in agencies
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a team player
- Required to undergo Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) so as to be able to enter the Marine and Process worksites
- Registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WSHO) preferred
- 5 or more years relevant experience in safety management in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Marine preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Good organisational and data management skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
We assess applications on a rolling basis and applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 15 Oct 2021