Manager, Central COVID 19 Operations (Travel Facilitation) on 1 year contract
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the Travel Facilitation team and the role
The Travel Facilitation team in EDB is responsible for the administration of appeal and approval for entry to Singapore for business travel and monitoring of itinerary in Singapore.
You will work closely with the overall Central Covid-19 Operations (CCO) team that is coordinating EDB’s response to COVID-19 related issues, colleagues in EDB and external stakeholders (e.g. company executives and officers from other government agencies). You will report to the Assistant Vice President in the CCO team.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and streamline the travel facilitation workflows and ensure efficiency in operations and efficacy of operations processes
- Provide oversight and guidance to the travel facilitation team’s operations be involved in the end-to-end process to ensure smooth operations
- Interface with MTI Cross Border Travel Office, ICA, STB, MOH and HPB on all travel facilitation matters
- Support on COVID-19 Incident Management matters
- Work closely with other teams in EDB taking care of COVID-19 related issues, and provide timely briefs and updates to EDB management
- Be knowledgeable about how inter-agency taskforces operate and build up contacts and networks with key point of contacts in other agencies for different COVID-19 related issues
To meet the challenges of the role, you will have to:
- Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 related policies, regulations and Safe Management Measures that companies are required to comply with
- Be knowledgeable about the role of various teams in EDB taking care of COVID-19 related issues
- Be adaptable to react to different work requirements (often with short turnaround time) and able to communicate updates to officers and/or counterparts in agencies
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a team player
- Degree qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel, with good organisational and data management skills
- Good language skills in both written and spoken, especially in English
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability and experience in engaging stakeholders
We assess applications on a rolling basis and applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 16 Dec 2021