Manager, People Business Partner
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The People Organization Division (POD) is the GovTech division that oversees and promotes our human resources. It is in charge of fostering the holistic development and enrichment of our employees, both individually and as a team.
We are seeking a people person to join us as a Senior People Business Partner. You will strive to align business objectives with people priorities, and be the point of contact for assigned business units. You will represent POD in a professional, consultative and collaborative manner. Your success in this role will be based on your ability to be an employee champion, change agent, and trusted advisor.
What to Expect:
• Partner the business on all their people-related needs across the full spectrum of HR.
• Provide advice on HR issues, work closely with business and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and enhance employee engagement.
• Promote business ownership of talent and coach managers on managing their employees’ career and leadership development.
• Gather ground sensing on people-related needs and be the employee advocate. Balance the needs of the organization priorities with the employees’ needs and deliver value-added services to the business and employees through partnerships with the CoEs.
• In collaboration with the business and also within POD, build, raise and develop a competent and multi-disciplinary workforce.
• Drive organizational excellence and optimization through efficient and effective management of HR initiatives, integrating them into the business to achieve desired objectives.
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues throughout the employee life cycle.
How to Succeed:
• Above 5 years of experience in HR business partnering with senior leaders.
• Good knowledge and understanding of full spectrum of HR.
• Strategic mindset and perspective, comfortable with ambiguity with the ability to diagnose current state, anticipate future needs and recommend forward approaches.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in building rapport and trusting relationship with various stakeholders.
• Strong communication and persuasion skills with the ability to influence without authority.
• Resourceful and pragmatic with a solution-focused attitude.
• Collaborate and work as a team to drive optimal results.
Closing on 24 Dec 2021