Manager/ Senior Manager (Data), Workplace Policy and Strategy Division
MINISTRY OF MANPOWER
Public / Civil Service
Overview of Job:
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is looking for an exceptional individual to join them as a Senior Manager/Manager (Data) with the Workplace Policy and Strategy Division (WPSD).
WPSD drives MOM’s efforts in promoting progressive workplace practices, in order to achieve MOM’s vision of making Singapore a “Great Workplace”.
To this end, WPSD develops policies covering a wide spectrum of issues, including workplace and occupational safety practices, ensuring the proper management and well-being of foreign workers. WPSD also monitors the employment landscape to address the needs of the changing workforce and to foster a more inclusive workplace.
You will support MOM’s efforts to promote progressive workplace and employment practices, via data-driven policy formulation and reviews.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in data analytics, project management, or consultancy work relating to data visualization, and/or experiences in providing analytical reporting for corporate/business needs
- Experience in visual analytics or data visualisation techniques, e.g. Tableau, D3, Zepplin
- Good understanding of basic mathematical, statistical and analytical concepts, and their applications
Related experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in programming or scripting, statistical, analytical software and tools, e.g. SQL, Hive, R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Matlab etc
- Adaptability and ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and exemplify a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Curious, resourceful and enjoys challenges
- Meticulous and able to identify trends and insights amidst huge amount of data
Closing on 14 Jun 2021