Manager, Strategy (Mobility) (1 year contract)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
Technological advancements have disrupted the way people and goods move from one place to another whether through the land, air or sea. EDB’s Mobility Division was formed in 2018 to make sense of the disruptions affecting mobility, in order to position Singapore for growth opportunities arising from these disruptions, including autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles and urban air mobility. As part of the team, you will find yourself at the forefront of shaping Singapore’s emerging Mobility ecosystem, as you contribute to the building of Singapore’s economic success.
This is an individual contributor role. You will report to Vice President and Head of Strategy (Mobility).
In this role, you will:
• Sense: Conduct in-depth analysis of emerging trends and developments in Mobility sectors across land, air and sea, through interviews, meetings and desktop research. You will meet the most exciting mobility companies globally, understand their business models and pain points, and explore how their cutting-edge innovation they may fit into Singapore’s emerging Mobility ecosystem
• Develop: Develop and design value propositions and products that are relevant to targeted mobility companies. You will explore how the Singapore Mobility ecosystem (including companies, research institutions, and government agencies) can partner companies in emerging mobility sectors to create value
• Execute: Collaborate with teams in EDB (e.g. Accounts, New Ventures, Policy & Planning) and government partners to implement value propositions including initiatives, policy changes, and programmes that will enable the growth of the Mobility ecosystem in Singapore. You will work on large scale, groundbreaking projects with the whole-of-government (WOG), and influence how mobility comes to life for Singapore.
• Scale: Scale adoption and buy-in of relevant products and value propositions, by working with Accounts, Global Operations and the Investment Facilitation team. You will partner various teams in EDB and support them in their company engagements by jointly shaping new opportunities, lending industry expertise, and providing relevant products and value propositions.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking
• Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate effectively to achieve intended outcomes
• Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver outcomes effectively across multiple workstreams
• Has an entrepreneurial mind-set and demonstrated ability to adapt effectively in ambiguous situations
• Bachelor Degree in any discipline(s)
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 31 Dec 2021