Manager to Senior Manager, Market Planning
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Marketing / Public Relations, Public / Civil Service
Purpose of job:
The role involves market development/ marketing role for selected New Markets (new visitor source markets), as well as Market Planning, which supports the Group and ACE IG with the rationalisation/ evolution of the Board’s global portfolio and market diversification roadmap in tandem with STB’s corporate goals.
A) Market Planning
- The successful applicant will work with Division/ Department Head to map the global footprint and source market portfolio strategy for the Board’s international network of offices, marketing representatives and regional outposts. From time to time, this will involve the analysis of market and visitor trends, as well as competitor movement. Where necessary, the officer shall be involved in contingency planning for the Board so as to hedge against global downturns and tourism retaliatory measures.
- Part of STB's visitor market resilience strategy is to employ market access levers, namely Aviation and Visa, to facilitate travel to Singapore. The officer shall be the lead manager for the Visa portfolio, adapting STB’s visa strategy and initiatives to influence consumer behavior in key source markets.
- The officer shall also be supporting Group and Regional Heads at annual management planning and industry platforms (CWS, CPE, TIC etc.) in mapping and presenting International Group workplans and strategies.
B) New Markets (new or emerging visitor source markets)
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the market development (market strategy, PR and digital communications, business development) of Myanmar, one of the high potential visitor source markets in the International Group's New Markets portfolio.
- The officer shall contribute the market development roadmap and drive the communications strategy to entrench Singapore as one of the top destinations in the consideration set of the Myanmar target audience (Families with Young Kids, Early Careers, Incentive Groups). This includes overseeing and working in tandem with STB’s appointed in-market agencies for PR, Digital/ Social marketing to jointly formulate an in-market integrated marketing plan as well as corresponding campaign(s). Social will be a key channel in the Southeast Asian markets and correspondingly, the establishment and maintenance of an engaging content strategy will be critical. Other marketing tools that may also be employed include the development of local (in-market) Branded Content, Consumer Activations and engagement of KOLs/ influencers.
- Part of the market development work will also entail the necessary expansion of the Board’s business network in Myanmar to advance STB’s agenda in Leisure Travel, as well as Meetings & Incentive Travel (M&I) conversions.
STB line units, MHA/ ICA, In-market travel intermediaries, Singapore ground handlers and experience owners, In-market media (including influencers), In-market business/ trade/ tourism associations, In-market PR and Digital Agencies, STB Global Creative/ Media/ Digital Agencies, Event Organisers etc.
- 360 Communications Planning
- The successful applicant will also be required to travel in-market at least once a month
- Communications, PR, Digital Marketing
- Stakeholder Management
- An interest in Macroeconomics and Analytics
- Ability to navigate selected dashboards on Stan involving key tourism data (Visitor Arrivals, Tourism Receipts, Airline Capacity)
- Business Development
- Issues Management & Crisis Communications
- Events Management
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 16 Apr 2021