Manager to Senior Manager (Regulatory Review), Travel Agent Licensing & Regulatory Review
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Public / Civil Service, Others
Purpose of job:
The Travel Agents Licensing and Regulatory Review department in STB focuses on upholding the Travel Agent’s Act and Regulation to better protect the travelling public from financial risks and errant travel agents, as well as ensure a level playing field amongst travel agents. The department administers and enforces the travel agent licensing regime, and continually reviews regulatory frameworks and procedures through ground engagement, close monitoring and data analysis to ensure relevance in the fast changing travel agent landscape.
The M/SM (Regulatory Review) will be a part of the Regulatory Review team responsible for ensuring that STB’s regulations for the travel agent and tourist guide industry continue to foster a progressive regulatory environment that facilitates industry growth, while at the same enable proactive compliance efforts and provide adequate safeguards for consumers and Singapore’s destination attractiveness. The Regulatory Review team also leads the department’s efforts in maintaining an in-depth understanding of the travel agent industry through data collection, analytics and capabilities building.
1. Review of Policy and Regulations
- Lead regular reviews of policies relating to the travel and tourist guide regulatory and licensing regimes.
- Conduct global research of similar regulatory regimes in other relevant jurisdictions to understand global trends and best practices in regulatory efforts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and business landscape, as well as the industry's impact on the tourism sector, so as to identify future trends for the purpose of ensuring relevant and future-proofing of policies and regulations.
- Conduct regular reviews of internal frameworks, SOPs and risk assessments, to ensure that enforcement and licensing operations continue to stay relevant and meet the intent of policies.
2. Public Communications and Education
- Work with partner divisions to strategise and develop consumer education campaigns to enhance public awareness of consumer protection measures.
- Engage stakeholders to educate on regulatory requirements, and obtain feedback for regulatory and policy review.
- Work with partner divisions on communications, such as media releases, to inform public on travel agent matters.
4. Capabilities Development
- Support the division's development of capabilities in trend and landscape analysis, data and predictive analytics, and behavioural insights, for the purposes of regulatory review, compliance and industry development.
- Regulatory policy
- Strong communication ability, both written and spoken, to put up and present policy recommendations, as well as materials for communications with stakeholders/public/media
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis
- Legislation and legislative process
- Strategic thinking
- Data analytics
- Business models and operations
- Finance and accountancy
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 30 Apr 2021