Manager to Senior Manager, Tourist Guide Licensing (Enforcement)
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Public / Civil Service, Others
Purpose of job:
To uphold STB's role as a regulator for our licensees (Hotels, Travel Agents and Tourist Guides). Ensure compliance with legislation and licensing conditions by STB licensees, and handle feedback and conduct investigation on unlicensed tourist guides, travel agents and hotels activities.
- Review overall enforcement function of STB, with a view towards increasing overall efficiency and effectiveness through "smart enforcement".
- Review how enforcement checks are conducted, through but not limited to leveraging on technology and partnership with tourism stakeholders, to ensure compliance with legislation and licensing conditions by STB licensees.
- Handle feedback and conduct investigations on non-compliance, unlicensed operations and complaint cases relating to travel agents, tourist guides and hotel licensing.
- Record statements and submit reports to AD TGL/ DTATG/ Legal.
- Leverage on data and statistics to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of enforcement outfit.
- The incumbent officer will have opportunities to expand beyond the enforcement and compliance portfolio, to be part of association/ industry capability development projects, review of existing licensing regime and processes, and "sandbox" new ideas to constantly inject vibrancy into the guiding landscape.
- Interest and willingness to develop enforcement experience. Prior enforcement related experience will be advantageous.
- Analytical skills
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills
- High level of integrity and is able to carry out his/ her duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Investigative skills
- Numerate and data-sensitive, to develop system to leverage data/ statistics to aid enforcement work
- Knowledge/ interest to leverage behavioural insights to influence tourist guides' behaviour
- Familiarity with Penal Code and other related legislations.
- Good writing and communication skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 30 Apr 2021