Marketing and Public Relations Executive
SALTINE COMMUNICATIONS PTE. LTD.
Advertising / Media, Consulting, Events / Promotions, Marketing / Public Relations
S$2500 - S$4000
At Saltine Communications, we secure affordable media features and press interviews for startups and SMEs, be it on newspapers, online publications, magazines, television or radio.
We are looking for a confident writer, an effective communicator and a resourceful, meticulous team player rolled into one. Ideally, you are well-versed in current affairs and are able to persuade and influence with your writing. You should also be a people’s person – excellent at building relationships with clients and journalists.
Who are we?
We are a millennial start-up in every stereotypical sense, from flexible working arrangements to caffeine-fuelled brainstorming. Solution-centric, fast execution and results-driven - we love an entrepreneurial streak and absolutely require the hustling mentality in our team members.
Everyone gets a say in our team culture – we want you to be involved in creating a family that you love being around and an environment conducive to your being. As a rule of thumb, be kind and inclusive to everyone.
Nobody wants to be stuck doing the same ol’ things and getting the same ol’ pay for long. We like hungry people, so we will fuel your personal growth and success constantly with a clear progression plan coupled with achievable targets for you to keep moving forward. We want to know your dreams and goals, so we can help you along your journey towards them.
Do your job fantastically– that’s all we need from you. You can work remotely, work from home, and come hang out with us in the office for free flow coffee anytime, because we pride ourselves on results over rules One size definitely doesn’t fit all and success isn’t achieved only from 9 am to 5 pm. Apart from internal meetings, you are free to work from anywhere.
Who are we looking for?
An engaging, innovative communicator. You should be comfortable with demonstrating initiative and accountability with respect to your responsibilities and actively cultivate a deep understanding of your clients, accounts and industry. We love a creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a never-failing enthusiasm to serve up solutions. Additionally, skills-wise you should demonstrate an understanding of strategic approach in delivering valuable press coverage for clients.
A professional, flexible attitude that lends itself to quality client service would be very useful, as well as the ability to multitask across multiple client accounts and projects under pressing deadlines. As a consultant, you are responsive to customers’ needs and committed to client retention, while managing expectations expertly.
You should have impeccable writing skills, comfortable with manoeuvring the written word to your intended messaging. With the media and clients, you should be a great networker and connector so as to build sincere, long lasting relationships.
What will you be doing in your role?
- Support senior PR consultants on client campaigns from start to end and execute day-to-day workflow for client work such as media pitching, database extraction and media liaison.
- Develop and maintain mailings/product launch timelines, campaign timelines, strategic decks, media lists, status reports, coverage updates
- Shadow senior PR consultants on maintaining client relationships and counselling clients on strategic PR direction
- Keep abreast of new developments, trends and opportunities in the media for both clients and the wider industry with strong research skills
- Monitor and engage media and interest groups on behalf of clients
- Tailor and develop effective public relations materials such as media pitches, press releases, spokesperson profiles, fact sheets etc.
- Pitch relevant stories, interactions and engagements to key media contacts successfully
- Secure top-tier media opportunities, including brand, profile and product stories
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts
- Organise and execute media events/ media tours
- Ensure quality work is produced on time without errors
- Be a brand ambassador for Saltine!
What requirements do you need to fulfil?
- Singaporeans or Permanent Residents only
- Fresh graduates welcome but preferably with experience in marketing/ PR/ communications/ journalism
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – adaptable to all levels
- Able to manage multiple campaigns/ deliverables simultaneously
- Works well under pressure to set deadlines and targets
Closing on 24 Oct 2021