Medical Lead, Cell & Gene Therapy
NOVARTIS (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$9950 - S$14336
40 new gene therapy medicines are expected to be approved by 2022 across the industry. At Novartis, we are pioneers on the cell and gene therapy frontier, working at the edge of possibility with emerging tools to bring entirely new types of treatments to patients with devastating diseases, including genetic disorders and certain deadly cancers. We are bringing this treatment to Asia Pacific and inviting you to join us in powering breakthrough innovation in Cell and Gene therapy to reimagine treatment paradigms.
As a Medical Lead for Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT), you will work seamlessly with country medical teams to provide medical and scientific/technical support to the Singapore hub.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide thorough up-to-date medical, clinical development and cross-functional expertise to achieve Novartis objectives in the area of CGT.
• Collaborate with the Country and Regional team in the execution of relevant clinical activities in the assigned project(s).
• Supports the AMACO CGT team to get strategic insights from Singapore (SG) and implement appropriate solutions. Support Medical Country Managers on CGT related activities.
• Work closely with the Global Drug Development team to deliver high quality clinical trials in SG.
• Support Medical Affairs clinical programs (Phase IV local and regional trials as well as investigator-initiated trials), develop partnerships with investigators and medical opinion leaders and support brand or franchise marketing teams and their activities.
• Responsible for the budgetary planning and control for brand regional phase IV activities.
• Provide input into medical educational programs; hold advisory boards; execute training programs and liaise with regulatory departments.
• MD, or PhD degree in Health Sciences. Experience in Immunology, Hematology and/or Oncology. Medical education is a preferred requirement.
• A medical doctor who has 4 to 6 years experience in medical affairs, preferably in Haematology, Oncology or Cell & Gene portfolio and with some exposure of Asia Pacific/South East Asia market.
• Has deep understanding of drug development and approval processes, including experience designing and / or executing clinical studies, if connected with Oncology compounds is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of country regulatory standards and processes, as well as relevant ethical and legal guidelines.
• Excellent presentation skills with proven record of medical/scientific presentations.
• Fluent in the English language (both oral and written) and has excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Possess strong networking capabilities and integration into the Oncology medical community.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Closing on 27 Jan 2021