ST LUKE'S ELDERCARE LTD.
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Permanent, Full Time
S$3500 - S$6500
- Responsible for the accurate assessment and appropriate treatment for clients admitted to SLEC.
- Provide a high standard of Occupational Therapy (OT) services for assigned caseloads, including dementia care, in line with MOH service requirements.
- Provide coverage of OT services to assigned centres.
- Maintain up to date documentation in accordance with MOH requirements including:
- Initial assessment
- Therapy goals
- Individualised care plan
- Multidisciplinary meetings
- Treatment updates (using SOAP format)
- Discharge planning
- Work as a multidisciplinary team and attend case conferences, team meetings, and family meetings.
- Provide home visits, home modification and caregiver training as required to facilitate the continuity of care for our clients.
- Submit applications for schemes such as eSMF when necessary.
- Maintain safety and upkeep of all OT equipment and resources in Day Rehab.
- Review and assist in the implementation of activities in the assigned day care centres (MDC/DDC/EDC).
- Provide overall guidance and supervision to Dementia Care Team and day care staff involve in dementia care.
- Referral to external organisations as necessary (eg. Social Work Department)
- Engage with relevant agencies relating to OT.
- Supervise therapy associates/assistants.
- Document and report adverse incidents as necessary.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace.
- Collect and submit monthly statistics to Cluster OT.
Education and Training
- Participate and give talks for department CEP.
- Provide supervision to assigned OT students/interns.
- Provide OT related training to other professionals/staff, students, volunteers and the community.
- Provide training for dementia care and activity engagement (at group and individualised level) for day care staff.
Research and Quality Improvement (OI) Projects
- Participate in research and QI activities at departmental and organisational level
- Ensure clients’ safety at all times.
- Assist in the preparation of information and reports as required.
- Assist in identifying issues relating to the provision of OT services in the DRC/day care centre, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution and licensed to practice in Singapore
- Preferably with 2 to 3 years’ experience.
Closing on 29 Jan 2021