Platform Business Analyst
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Your primary focus will be on transformative concept of operations, business requirements and functional specifications of a Whole Of Government (WOG) Digitalised Governance Platform to level up ICT&SS governance capability consistently across WOG and to achieve economies of scale and cost-efficiency. In this role, you will work in a project team, in collaboration with GovTech and agencies' users to:
• Participate in the service mapping sessions, requirements gathering and contribute to the development of the transformative concept of operations, business requirements and functional/design specifications
• Co-develop the tender specifications
• Actively analyse and validate business requirements
• Evaluate and recommend solutions that best address the needs
• Develop the validation and acceptance criteria with users to ensure acceptance of the new
• Review system testing, integration testing and data conversion documents to verify that
specifications are met
• Drive a smooth deployment, implementation and operations of the system
• Work with awarded tenderer to understand and troubleshoot technical problems, as
• Undertake root cause analysis for problems in order to implement preventive and
corrective measures to meet business and performance needs
Having completed at least 2 large scale application projects (such as at WOG level or for large banking or multinational corporation for at least at regional level), you are:
• Proactive, quality-conscious, results-oriented and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Able to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges
• Able to facilitate discussions/workshops to elicit, manage and prioritise key business needs
• A team player with strong influencing and people handling skills, possess excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and presentation skills.
How to succeed:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information/Infocomm Technology,
Computer or Electronics Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in software development life cycle, preferably in
Enterprise Technology Risk, Audit and Compliance management area.
• Proven experience in IT business analysis, application solutioning, design and testing
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders
• Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem solving skills
• An advantage if applicant has worked in a Government agency before and has knowledge
of Instruction Manual (IM) for ICT, undergone audits and understand the government
processes in the submissions of agency ICT rolling plans, funding requests, tracking &
reporting of agency project portfolio.
Closing on 21 Jan 2022