Product Manager (CODEX)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
GovTech is seeking for a technical product manager to support the product architecture and management of CODEX (Core Operations Development Environment and xChange) platform. CODEX is a strategic national project and the CODEX platform presents a huge opportunity to rationalise and consolidate a federated agency hosting and infrastructure through modern cloud architecture implementation and the modernising of Government applications through adoption of agile development practices.
The role is expected to leverage and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver the Singapore Tech Stack (SGTS) and Government Commercial cloud (GCC). Establish deep collaboration with the product management and development groups and play an active role in developing the product roadmap for CODEX. Particularly, this role will work closely with client engineering team leads to incorporate their components as reusable product components on the service layer of the tech stack and also work towards developing these products into a reusable product to be used by the engineering community.
Besides working with internal teams, the incumbent is expected to experiment with third-party tools both open-source and commercial, and interface with solution providers when evaluating commercial Tech Stack components and capabilities.
What to Expect:
• Work with internal GovTech teams towards assimilating their product components into SGTS components
• Work with product leads on both client and SGTS team to ensure an end-to-end adoption of CODEX products
• Adopt a continuous improvement mindset and a scientific approach to innovation
• Exercise technical leadership, as appropriate, to drive scalable and reusable components across multi-disciplinary engineering capabilities
• Collaborate on CODEX product adoption plans for different teams
• Understand developers needs and explore emerging tools and techniques that can meet the needs
• Document client requirements and define success criteria of adoption of CODEX product
• Work closely with product teams on both clients and CODEX to prioritize user stories
• Partner with internal teams to ensure product is delivered with an acceptable quality and in a timely manner
• Analyze the outcome to acquire learnings to feedback into the specific product features in the next iteration
• Share CODEX vision opportunistically and help drive use of CODEX product with stakeholders
The role offers a unique opportunity to create pathway for success for Singapore and its citizens and residents.
How to Succeed:
An experienced technical product manager, ideally with experience in various parts of the product lifecycle management. Possess technical competence and strong business acumen, with the ability to balance engineering constraints and business priorities to achieve good delivery outcomes. Critical competencies required but are not limited to:
• Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in one or more aspects of product launch
• Business know-how and appreciation of the existence of different type of business to consumer models
• Experience in setting a product /technology plan or roadmap based on requirements
• Ability to rally cross-functional team to execute against plans to meet objectives
• Awareness of the implications of business and technological trade-offs and ability to make the right call with some guidance
• Empathise with developer needs
• Excellent analytical skills with a few specialized knowledge of business and analytical tools and techniques
• Strong communications with different job functions and ability to communicate a few levels up and down
• Ideally past or current practitioner of agile software development, including experience in some of the relevant areas such as CI/CD, Devops, Microservice, TDD/BDD
• Awareness and experience on one or more cloud service offerings
Closing on 25 Jan 2022