GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As the PD who manages assigned programmes and projects for government agencies, you will be responsible for leading, driving and executing overall programme/project delivery, and provide leadership in harnessing the use of technology to deliver programmes/projects of the assigned managed agency.
You will strive to meet the business objectives and operational needs of the agency and to ensure that they are recognised as innovative users of infocomm technologies.
You will also provide advice and guidance on the strategic use of ICT and develop strong collaboration with partners and vendors for leverage in resolving critical or escalated issues.
What to Expect:
- Support the Cluster Director and/or CIO in aligning agencies’ workplan to higher-level objectives. Review ICT initiatives and programmes, identify opportunities to harmonise IT applications, in order to achieve alignment with the over-arching ICT infrastructures and architecture.
- Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders, understand their issues and help promote / influence directions relating to the programmes / projects.
- Undertake and partner with stakeholders in driving the progress of various ICT modernisation programmes, as well as oversee the management of projects in operations(BAU).
- Bring together different teams (application, technical, solutions architects, security officers etc) to review and harmonise architectural designs and solutions. Where appropriate, drive improvement to the management of projects and practices working towards an integrated delivery team.
- Oversee and drive the development of the programmes/projects, and ensure the smooth progress and completion of project implementation on time and within budget.
- Manage the deployment of staff effectively and strategically to fulfil resource requirements for the programmes/projects.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to staff, identify high potential talents, hone their capabilities, drive staff development opportunities, coordinate and integrate people efforts with the objective of attracting and retaining a motivated and high-performing team.
How to Succeed:
- Graduate degree in computer science or related discipline with relevant ICT experience
- 20 years’ experience with at least 10 years in management capacity.
- Experience in the public sector or robust ICT experience in the private sector, preferably in the development, implementation and deployment of large-scale projects (Multi-million $ in value).
- Project management experience in ICT operations in public or private sectors
- Strategic thinking skills with broad perspective of different issues
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
Closing on 31 Dec 2021