Respiratory Therapist (Contract)
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$3000 - S$5000
- To provide clinical respiratory care under the supervision of physicians and approved guidelines.
o Perform complete or modified patient respiratory assessment as required.
o Consult with physicians, other healthcare professionals regarding the patient status and care plans.
o Monitor patient’s progress and modify respiratory care plan.
o Participate in multidisciplinary patient rounds.
o Document procedures, organize and analyze data, and maintain accurate records.
o Provide and manage plans for weaning patients off ventilators and comply with clinical and service standards.
o Practice within areas of professional competence and seek clinical support from supervisor/ other healthcare professionals when appropriate
o Actively support Non Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation and Tracheostomy patients in General Wards
o Adhere to hospital and department operating procedures in the delivery of respiratory care services.
- To perform and monitor diagnostic procedures.
o Arterial Puncture and Blood Gas Analysis
o Bedside monitoring of Pulse Oximetry and End Tidal CO2 (Capnometry)
o Weaning parameters
o Hemodynamic monitoring
- To perform General Therapeutics Services.
o Aerosol Therapy
o Oxygen Therapy and High Flow Nasal Cannula Oxygen Therapy
o Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy
- To perform Special Therapeutics Services.
o Airway Care
o Mechanical Ventilation
o High Frequency Oscillation Ventilation (HFOV)
o Non-Invasive Ventilation Positive Pressure Ventilation (NIPPV)
o Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
o Lung Ultrasound
o ECMO monitoring
- To perform Emergency and Acute Care Procedures.
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
o Intubation Assist
o Patient Intra and Inter Hospital Transport
- To assist Special Procedures.
o Bedside Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- To provide technical support to respiratory therapy equipment.
o Perform troubleshooting and basic maintenance for respiratory equipment.
o Perform required calibration and quality control procedure.
o Comply with safety regulations related to equipment and medical gases.
o Ensure proper functioning of respiratory equipment.
- To collaborate with other healthcare members and participate in appropriate cross-functions improvement initiatives.
o To actively update knowledge and skills in Respiratory Therapy.
o To comply with infection control practices.
o To help in any data collection of the department.
o To help in any education of Nurses, Doctors and other healthcare professionals.
o To contribute to departmental inservice training programmes, hospital educational talks and external talks / workshops / forums / seminars.
To perform other duties as may be assigned by Reporting Officer.
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Preferably Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist or equivalent from country of origin.
- Preferably with 3 years’ clinical work experience in various Intensive Care Units in a reputable hospital.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in IT skills (Microsoft Excel / Word / Access / PowerPoint).
- Service oriented and customer focused.
- Result oriented and a good team player.
Interested applicants are invited to email a detailed resume stating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 11 Feb 2021