Senior/ Lead Data Engineer (1 year contract)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to grow EDB’s data warehouse. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, overseeing and maintaining of data flow channels and data processing systems.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Analysing information from structured and unstructured sources in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner.
• Supporting data scientists with the extraction of valuable insights from data sets to derive valuable and actionable insights and recommendations according to business requirements.
• Involvement in rollouts, upgrades, implementation and release of data system changes as required for streamlining of internal practices.
• Staying abreast with industry best practices and developments in analytics domain and analytics technology.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field in a reputed institution.
• At least 2 years relevant experience in designing, testing and maintaining a data warehouse and data marts.
• Proficient in creating and maintaining complex ETL pipeline end-to-end while maintaining high reliability and security.
• Proficient in implementing integrations to different systems, REST APIs and have good knowledge of web requests/protocols.
• Proficient in shell scripting, building modern APIs and reviewing codes and designs.
• Proficient in defining guidelines on coding and development practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engaging and managing internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority.
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build rapport across teams and stakeholders.
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date
Closing on 30 Jul 2021