Senior Associate / Manager, Strategic Planning
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Strategic Planning Division
The Strategic Planning team takes a long-range, big picture perspective to assess Singapore’s competitiveness and EDB’s operating model in light of domestic pressures and global trends. We help to drive strategic coherence across the organization, while sparking new forms of strategic thinking that can enable EDB to better achieve its mission.
We are looking for a Senior Associate / Manager to join our team to lead key SP work streams that cover Futures, Competition, and Strategy.
Critical to success in this role, is the ability to:
• Uncover blind spots and gaps, challenge conventional thinking
• Support robust debate and honest exchange through data, insights and credible external opinion
• Translate knowledge and insights into actionable frameworks, strategy recommendations and performance implications
• Work in an unstructured environment and flex in different teams as an individual contributor, manager or peer leader.
• Be open to exploring and developing new ideas that are relevant to economic development and to EDB’s work
Candidates should possess the following:
• A strong sense of intellectual curiosity – as manifested in a willingness to explore new ideas and engage with individuals to uncover new points of view.
• An interest to translate ideas to tangible strategy improvements and organizational change, while being sensitive to organizational dynamics and ground realities.
• Interest in econometrics, strategic planning, strategy development, horizon scanning and competitive analysis is a plus
• Outstanding analytical, problem solving, critical and lateral thinking skills
• Proven ability to logically structure and substantiate an argument
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage both internal and external clients (including government stakeholders)
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 31 Dec 2021