Senior Associate, Accounts, Commercial and Professional Services
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Accounts – Commercial and Professional Services
The team partners key companies in the Professional Services, Logistics and Engineering Services sectors to develop and implement strategies in their pursuit of new business opportunities in Singapore for the region and/or globally. We pride ourselves on the sustained long-term relationships between Singapore and key multinational companies; we bring insights about the industry and Singapore. We work closely with various teams in EDB and external stakeholders to provide solutions and secure the establishment of project investments. We forge networks across the sector and with the larger business community/ ecosystem. More importantly, the team’s hard work is translated to valuable business and job opportunities for Singapore.
You will play a crucial role in the team to support and implement key activities and initiatives with identified corporate clients. In the process, you will be working closely with company executives, external stakeholders (within and outside the Singapore government) and colleagues in EDB to ensure smooth delivery of project or partnership outcomes. You will report to the Assistant Vice President, Commercial and Professional Services and at the same time, receive mentorship and guidance from the project teams that you work with in EDB.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Support Account Managers in the planning and execution of account management activities for portfolio of companies in the end-to-end process of account development, project negotiation and execution and client servicing
- Gain deep understanding of clients, their needs, operations and structure to implement and execute client engagement strategies
- Undertake tasks and assignments to achieve client engagement and project negotiation and servicing outcomes; these can include company-level analysis, preparing relevant materials (e.g. proposals for partnership/ investment opportunities, talking points for meetings, addressing information requests, reporting needs), incentive processing, developing solutions, drafting contracts and project monitoring
- Build sound understanding of regional/global industry and business trends, as well as Singapore’s value propositions in key thematic areas relevant to the business needs of Commercial and Professional Services companies to create project or partnership opportunities and value-add to client relationships
- Activate relevant resources and expertise (in EDB/ government/ ecosystem partners) to support client engagement activities
- Coordinate with Account Managers and other teams in EDB (e.g. other Account teams, Strategy, Policy & Planning, Finance and Legal) to ensure smooth execution of end-to-end account management process
- Work closely with Account Managers on progress of tasks and assignments, communicate insights and needs of clients, and highlight recommendations for implementation of tasks and assignments, and enhancing client experience
- Adhere to EDB’s service principles to ensure good client experience with EDB
- 1 to 2 years of experience, in business development, consulting, and/or engaging and driving successful project and investment outcomes with corporate clients
- Demonstrate good analytical thinking; able to analyse different complex issues, distil insights and recommend actionable solutions
- Able to adapt/ react fast to changes and challenges and is resourceful in finding innovative solutions to address them (e.g. clients’ requests) effectively and efficiently
- Strong independent worker and at the same time, work well in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment
- Self-starter, team player, and driven, and has a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Client-focused; adept at building and maintain positive client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including ability and experience in engaging and managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Possess versatility in thought and approach, is inquisitive and willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills across a spectrum of subject domains
Applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 20 Dec 2021