Senior Associate, International Organisations Programme Office (1 year contract)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the International Organisations Programme Office
EDB’s International Organisations Programme Office (IOPO) oversees the Whole of Government’s efforts to engage key International Organisations (IOs) that support key govenrmental objectives, priorities and strategies. IOPO’s interactions span the spectrum of IO entities in Singapore, including the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), and Temasek Foundation.
You will be part of the team which manages a wide range of IO engagements, project initiatives, as well as policy discussions. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
1. Account Engagement Support [40%]
• Play a supporting role to IOPO’s account managers for a wide rangee of non-profit entities including multilateral organisations, international non-governmental organisations, prominent think tanks and industry associations as well as leading Asian and Western foundations.
• This would involve engaging business executives and thought leaders from these organisations to advance policy and strategy outcomes for the IO sector.
• Provide operational support (meeting summary reports, company briefs and presentation decks) in IOPO’s engagements with various government agencies and divisions within EDB to engage IOs and to analyse ways to deepen the relevance of these IOs to Singapore. This could include identifying and facilitating synergistic programmes and/or project initiatives between the IOs and Singapore.
• Shape public-private partnerships with IOs and relevant government stakeholders across various topics in sustainability (e.g. agrifood, circular economy, philanthropy, carbon services)
• Execute required processes and tasks on EDB’s internal systems to administer incentive schemes that IOPO manages specific to IOs and undertake an assessment of projects, where relevant
2. Strategy Formulation and Implementation – Philanthropy [40%]
• Conduct research on global philanthropic trends, analysing for implications and opportunities to Singapore and strengthening IOPO’s view of the landscape of giving in Singapore and the region. You will be required to consolidate data across government databases, publications, financial reports and any other relevant material etc to support this view.
• Support on building partnerships with IOs that will further IOPO’s outcomes for the philanthropic sector in Singapore. This will involve building a repository of partnerships, reviewing them for key success and improvement factors, critically identify key partners, to shape partnership outcomes with them.
• Support on building marketing and knowledge materials for external and internal stakeholder engagement.
3. Knowledge Management Administration [20%]
• Provide administrative support on the all the above to ensure good documentation of process and knowledge building from engagements. This will involve operationalising the development of IOPO’s internal Knowledge Management systems and undertaking a periodic stocktake of these systems.
This is an exciting role at EDB which will enable you to engage management and other decision-makers in both the private & public institutions and gain first-hand exposure to the non-profit sector through Singapore’s economic development lens as well as key policies, projects and public policy perspectives involving the IO sector.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have/be:
• Up to 2 years of relevant work experience; experience in non-profit industries, working with IOs or public sector may be advantageous
• High level of initiative, and demonstrated tenacity and resourcefulness in the face of ambiguity
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly structured, organised and has the experience in establishing and running processes and workflows for projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in powerpoint.
• Strong team player who can engage clients and stakeholders
• Education in any discipline
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 30 Nov 2021