Senior Data Platform Engineer
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Public / Civil Service
CSIT develops products to advance the national security interests of Singapore. Our products are used in a wide range of operations, including but not limited to, Counter-terrorism and Computer Network Defence. We are looking for talented data platforms engineers to be part of the team that builds large-scale data platforms to power real-time analytics that identify, analyse and disrupt security threats.
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer, you will play a key role in designing, implementing and maintaining big data platforms used to drive timely and mission-critical decisions. You will have the opportunity to explore new data platform technologies, design scalable platform solutions and solve challenging problems with high volume, velocity and variety of data. You will have the freedom to determine the best way to deliver value, be it developing from scratch or building upon the best solutions from the community.
- Lead team in building large-scale data platforms and adopting industry best practices for security, availability and performance
- Mentor team members on data platform design and best practices
- Provide technical guidance on data architecture to meet strategic goals of the organization
- Work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support development of data-intensive business applications
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Knowledge of OS, networking and distributed computing
- At least 3 years of experience with one or more of the following technologies: Spark, Kafka, Nifi, HBase, Hive, Hadoop, Kudu, Solr/ElasticSearch
- Experience in the usage of automation and devops tools (e.g. Ansible, Prometheus)
- Certification in the above technologies
- Experience in leading and designing petabyte-scale data platforms
As we are an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.
Closing on 18 Jun 2021