Senior Data Scientist / Data Scientist / Data Analyst (Compliance Strategy & Insights Division)
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
At IRAS, we partner you to deliver quality tax services and foster a competitive tax environment for our nation's social and economic growth. By leveraging digital capabilities as part of a future-ready team, your opportunities keep expanding.
As a Senior Data Scientist/ Data Scientist/ Data Analyst, you have good interpersonal skills, an analytical mind and a curiosity for all things data and digital. At IRAS, you will have the space to explore rich income and tax data sets in Singapore and drive our digital transformation journey by creating and delivering impactful solutions across the organisation. Employing a human-centric design methodology, you will leverage digital tools and use data intelligently to re-engineer business processes and produce insights for smarter decision-making.
The result? Your mark of insight stamped on digital solutions.
- To deliver cost-effective, technically sound and robust data analytics solutions to support and enhance the business processes. Provide technical guidance to business stakeholders on complex data-related issues and translate data into insights.
- To explore, use and deploy emerging analytical/ AI techniques, including advanced techniques and best practices to continuously keep abreast of the latest development in analytics.
- To conduct research on emerging data architecture, systems, tools and methodologies. Formulate and implement the plans to ensure that the architecture, systems, tools and methodologies continue to support IRAS’ data needs in the mid to long-term.
- To conduct knowledge sharing with data analysts and IRAS data community to deepen analytics competency.
- Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Business Analytics or equivalent analytics fields.
- Experience in data science and AI area, which includes developing advanced analytics and AI solutions and involves the use of big data and AI algorithms.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python is a must. Experience in R, Spark, Hadoop, DAX, TensorFlow, C++/C#, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in ETL, data pre-processing, data cleansing and validation.
- Good knowledge in data mining, machine learning and other AI areas, experience in problem formulation, prototyping and implementation with models and methods including classification, clustering, ANNs, recommendation, etc. Specially, project experience in predictive analysis, NLP, deep learning and network analytics is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain technical solutions to the business users and partners
All new appointees will be appointed on a two-year contract in the first instance.
IRAS Recruitment Chatbot, JAC, will guide you along on your application process. This will be on a secured third party platform. All responses will be kept absolutely confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing on 30 Jul 2021