Senior DevOps Engineer
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Services Group (SVC) is at the forefront of the Digital Government initiative at the various Government agencies. As a trusted IT partner to agencies, SVC is a multi-disciplinary IT outfit that prides ourselves on delivering customer-centric government digital services using modern IT practices/solutions and cloud technology. Our objective is to catapult government digital services into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, scalability and resiliency.
What to expect?
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at SVC Clusters and Technology Management Office (CTMO), you will be a key member of our high performance team and be responsible for:
1) Plan and execute the SVC Application Delivery Modernisation initiative to promulgate and hasten the adoption of modern app delivery practices (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, "Shift Left" security, test automation, ...) to improve the overall application quality, security and time-to-market in a heavily outsourced application development environment.
2) Develop standardised technical solution, e.g. reference CI/CD pipelines, starter kits for test automation/AppSec, reusable scripts for automation of common dev and ops tasks to enable application teams across 60 SVC-managed agencies to quickly adopt modern app delivery practices in a consistent and efficient manner.
3) Develop and deliver relevant resources, guide/playbook and training to equip SVC officers involved in application delivery with the right knowledge and skills to apply modern app delivery practices and in a sustainable manner.
4) As part of the GovTech Cloud Adoption Team, to provide consultancy and assistance to agencies in applying modern app development practices as part of agencies' cloud adoption plan.
How to succeed?
- Passion for automation, standardisation and best practices.
- Experience with CI/CD, using Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell.
- Experience with infrastructure provision tools (Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Experience in public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Background in application development with exposure to security testing such as SAST and DAST.
- Experience in software-defined infrastructure (OpenStack, CloudStack, VSphere).
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Good understanding of IT operations and how they are managed.
- Good understanding of hardware infrastructure systems (network switches, firewalls, routers, etc) and Linux operating system.
Closing on 24 Dec 2021