Senior Infocomm Officer/ Infocomm Specialist (Cloud Infra and DevOps Engineer)
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
At IRAS, we partner you to deliver quality tax services and foster a competitive tax environment for our nation's social and economic growth. By leveraging digital capabilities as part of a future-ready team, your opportunities keep expanding.
We are looking for forward-thinking, energetic and passionate individuals to be part of a new exciting journey! IRAS has always been at the forefront of IT, leveraging the latest technologies to deliver the best experience for our citizens. IRAS is now embarking on a journey to modernise our application systems to ensure that they are scalable, efficient, secure and deliver business capabilities. We will be leveraging technology like containers, microservices, DevOps and cloud computing to improve agility and to support business transformation. This journey will involve change that cuts across technology, talent and process.
The candidate shall support the implementation of IRAS’ next generation tax administration system that is being implemented on Government Commercial Cloud, and predominantly based on .NET. His/her main responsibility will include the design, development and maintenance of the Cloud infrastructure and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines required by various teams.
- Design, build and maintain the software development pipeline automation with related toolsets to enable CI/CD
- Design and implement the infrastructure and operating environment for container-based microservices that will meet the agreed high availability, performance and security requirements
- Work closely with development teams and other internal teams to ensure that solutions are designed in accordance to requirements to facilitate scale/performance, security and operability
- Support and ensure that the software releases are aligned with IRAS’ internal software release and deployment process
- Facilitate and support troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents
- Proactively monitor and identify opportunities for automation, process improvement and architecture simplification
- Participate in project planning and management activities
- Research and develop prototype using relevant technologies and trends for continuous improvement of the platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- At least 2 to 3 years of working experience in DevOps automation, containerisation and orchestration
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Azure and related cloud services (e.g. Azure DevOps, hands-on experience using Azure Administrative portal). Certification(s) in Microsoft Azure (e.g. MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent) will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development automation tools (e.g. Terraform, SonarQube, Tosca)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. powershell, cli, python)
- Strong understanding and experience in virtualisation and networking in a container environment such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Strong understanding of cloud computing/container deployment and management
- Strong understanding and practice of Agile projects (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience in working with Government Commercial Cloud is preferred.
Closing on 21 Apr 2021