Senior Infocomm Specialist (Technical Architecture & Infrastructure)
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$4000 - S$6500
IRAS serves as an agent of the Government in tax administration, advises the Government and represents Singapore internationally on matters relating to taxation. As part of the dynamic team of competent and committed people at IRAS, you will play a key role in nation building, partner the community and our stakeholders, to foster a competitive tax environment that supports inclusive growth.
As an Infocomm Specialist, you have the technology smarts and are at the forefront of leading infocomm trends. At IRAS, you can harness your expertise to be a digital change agent in our transformation journey. You will partner business divisions to model smart and agile IT systems to shape our digital architecture. With exposure to big data platforms, you will unleash your technical expertise to create innovative digital enterprise solutions.
The result? Seamless IT interface for customers and other innovations that benefit external and internal stakeholders.
You will be part of the team to perform the following functions:
- Capacity Demand planning via infrastructure assessment, design, sizing and proposal for projects/ service requests and ensure they are implemented correctly and on-time.
- Project Management / solutioning of Infrastructure-related projects, including Data Centre migration, server consolidation and related upgrades.
- Management of IT infrastructure contracts (data centre, software, hardware) and ensuring vendors comply with contractual Service Level Agreements and Government policies and standards (e.g. IM8).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver TA infrastructure components according to project requirements
- Perform requirements validation and analysis to ensure technical requirements are met during infrastructure design
- Analyse and resolve technical issues and incidents arising from infrastructure design and implementation
- Ensure that sufficient capacity is available to meet growth and project infrastructure requirements
- Able to work closely with various stakeholders such as Data Centre vendors, Government Commercial Cloud providers, Technical Operations team, application teams, etc…for the design and implementation of infrastructure changes
- Responsible for ensuring IRAS’ ICT System Technical Architecture/Technical Reference Model are relevant and updated.
- Project management and / or technical solution of key infrastructure projects.
- Manage contracts and vendors to ensure compliance to SLA and Government Policies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Well-versed in Data Centre, Cloud technologies, design and capacity planning
- Strong analytical skills, able to independently derive high-level technical designs via the analysis of requirements
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technology solutions to various audiences
- Good writing skills, able to compose tender specifications related to infrastructure, Data Centre and cloud
- Strong working knowledge of various technology platforms and practices, including, but not limited to, Microsoft .NET technologies
- Strong knowledge of new or latest technology, and able to gauge suitability to the organization's business
- Innovative mindset and able to challenge assumptions
- Independent and technically competent in the area of Data Centre architecture and the different points of integration among networks, servers, databases, applications, scripting, SFTP, etc.
- Possess good understanding of Software Packages (eg. Identity Access Manager, Tibco and Message Broker) and Cloud technologies.
Closing on 21 Apr 2021