Senior Investigation Officer (Consumer Protection, Weights & Measures – Enforcement)
Public / Civil Service, Security and Investigation
Enterprise Singapore is one of the agencies entrusted to protect consumers, by administering consumer product safety regulations, as well as the Weights & Measures Act. These aim to ensure that consumer products supplied in Singapore are safe, and consumers experience fair and accurate transactions during purchases (i.e. receive the right amount of goods that they paid for).
As an Investigation Officer, you will conceptualise and drive programmes that protect the interests and safety of consumers in Singapore.
Administer Enterprise Singapore’s product safety and weight & measures regimes, which requires you to:
- Plan and implement market surveillance, product testing, and inspections to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements
- Investigate incidents/ accidents involving consumer products and potential infringements of regulatory requirements, and subsequent preparation of timely, clear and concise written reports
- Advise businesses and consumers on regulatory requirements, and manage public feedback with professionalism
- Develop knowledge and competence to be product experts for the various kinds of consumer goods and weighing & measuring instruments
- Review policies, processes and legislation
- A university degree in any discipline
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably with prior experience to the conduct of investigation, law enforcement, market surveillance
- Possess good interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Be resourceful and exercise initiative to work effectively, as an independent and collaborative team player
If you are shortlisted for the position, you may be required to take part in a preliminary online interview and written assessment. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for further interview.
You may be offered a contract role for the position.
Closing on 15 Jun 2021