Senior Laboratory Technologist
ACUMEN DIAGNOSTICS PTE. LTD.
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$3000 - S$6000
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide supervision while accurately follow the procedures for patient specimen handling and processing, test analysis, recording and reporting patient test results.
- Assist the laboratory manager(s) and/or director(s) to troubleshoot laboratory emergencies, including but not limited to, contamination and false positive/negative results arising from incompliance of laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Assist the laboratory manager(s) and/or director(s) in leading by example and guiding junior laboratory technologist in compliance of performing laboratory procedures in accordance to standard operating procedures.
- Partake in the performance appraisal processes of junior laboratory technologists.
- Ensure the safety of the own and of others when performing high-risk procedures, e.g. when handling highly infectious patient samples.
- Ensure no stock-out for test kits, consumables, and reagents required for clinical testing.
- Review and evaluate test results for accuracy in consultation with the laboratory director and laboratory manager, where required.
- Recognise testing problems including unexpected results or abnormal detection of analytes; alert laboratory director and laboratory manager regarding discrepancy without delay.
- Recognise and resolve instrument errors or sample problems; initiating and documenting corrective action in consultation with the laboratory director and laboratory manager.
- Adhere to all quality control procedures in support of clinical diagnostic activities.
- Maintain all instruments and equipment used in support of clinical diagnostic activities.
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned by the laboratory manager.
- Minimum bachelor degree in biomedical / biological / pharmaceutical sciences.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a molecular laboratory.
- Experience with Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) will be highly advantageous.
- Experience working in the hospital laboratory setting will be strongly preferred.
- Willing to work rotating shift hours.
- Willing to work in Kent Ridge / Pasir Panjang area.
Closing on 13 Mar 2021